Graham Cracker Crust
- 2⅔ cups graham crackers, crushed into crumbs
- ⅓ cup organic sugar
- ⅔ cup butter, melted
Lemon Cheesecake Filling
24 oz cream cheese
1¼ cup organic sugar
3 eggs, cage free
2 Tbs grated lemon peel
3 Tbs lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 2 eggs, cage free
- ¼ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 Tbs grated lemon peel
- 6 Tbs butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large baggie, add graham crackers, a few at a time, and roll with a rolling pin to get fine crumbs. Continue this step until you have 2⅔ cups.
- Add to medium mixing bowl, along with the sugar. Stir until combined.
- Whisk in melted butter until graham crackers crumbs are well coated.
- Press graham cracker crumbs into either a 9 inch springform pan or a 9 inch deep dip pie plate.
- Cook for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat on medium speed, cream cheese and sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Beat in eggs on low speed.
- Stir in lemon juice, grated lemon peel and vanilla. Stir until blended.
- Add lemon cheesecake mixture to graham cracker crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack and cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Put cheesecake in the fridge for approximately 6 hours or overnight.
- In a small pan, whisk together eggs, sugar, lemon peel and juice until combined well.
- Add butter to pan and continue stirring constantly. Mixture will thicken and will be done when then lemon glaze mixture sticks to the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from pan, put into a small bowl and let glaze cool for 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate covered until cold.
- Once cheesecake has chilled, remove from springform pan, if using, and add lemony glaze. If using a deep dish pie plate, top cheesecake with lemon glaze and enjoy!
- Keep refrigerated.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.