- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bunch chard, spinach, or kale, chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/4 cup pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and lay noodles on a plate in order to keep them from sticking together.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil over medium. Add onions and cook until softened, 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional minute. Add the greens and cook until wilted, 5-10 minutes, depending on variety of green used. Let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta, half the mozzarella, egg, salt, and pepper. Stir in the greens mixture.
- Spread a spoonful of pasta sauce in the bottom of a casserole pan. Assemble the rolls by spreading a spoonful of cheese mixture, leaving an inch at the end. Roll up pasta, ending with the uncovered edge.
- Place each roll in the casserole pan with the seam on the bottom. Continue until all noodles are rolled.
- Pour remaining pasta sauce over rolls, then sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Recipe adapted from stetted
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.