- tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄3 cup raisins, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pimento stuffed olive, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 (12 ounce) packages refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add beef, bell pepper and garlic.
- Cook until beef loses its pink color and vegetables begin to soften, about 6 minutes.
- Add raisins and next 6 ingredients and cook until mixture is thick, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix in cheese and cilantro.
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Roll out one biscuit on lightly floured surface to 4-inch circle.
- Brush half the dough with egg wash.
- Place 1 rounded tablespoon filling on dough.
- Fold over to crate half circle; press edges to seal.
- Using fork, crimp edges.
- Place on large baking sheet.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.